Editor’s Note: I’ve known Emily since she was 13 or 14-years-old. I remember dancing the hula at her and Claire’s 16th birthday party. I also remember when Emily, Claire, her brother Aaron, Robbie Long and other friends had a band. I really like what Emily wrote here because again she is sharing from the guts of her life. She has had a lot of ups and downs, like we’ve all had but has managed to reach out, look up and let God form her as a unique messenger. I love her boldness, unique style and passion for God. By the way, Emily and her band will be in concert on Sept. 4th, Tuesday at 7pm at the Westport Coffeehouse Theater. Join me at the concert! – Leilani
I’m not a very religious person. And, I felt that this is a right thing for me to do today.
I wanted to express my recognition and thankfulness for God in front of a lot of people, because I was reading the Psalms last night, and in the ancient times, God expressed to people who could hear that thankfulness brought honor to God.
God was tired of tradition, ritual, and sacrifices at the temple; sacrifices brought by individuals who were ungrateful to God and slandered other people.
Instead, God preferred people to change and give credit for God’s activity in the earth and God’s good and faithful ways. That is what I wanted to be aware of and acknowledge today:
- I’m thankful to God that my family is alive, healthy, well, free from injury and sickness
- I’m grateful that even if I had nothing, I have many friends who would be there for me and help me
- I’m grateful that I have experienced being close to God and that I have seen miracles in person
- I’m grateful that I am not in danger, not depressed, not hungry, not alone
- I’m thankful to have had prayers answered, undeniably by God
- I’m amazed to have experienced good things when I didn’t deserve them. I definitely credit God for this.
- I’m thankful for the moments when I felt God near me
- I’m humbled and grateful that God does not do things for us BECAUSE WE are good, but because GOD is GOOD
- I’m thankful for the Love of God that goes beyond me and helps me care about others and brings it to my concience when I am not truly caring for people. This is amazing, that God makes us aware of these intangible things
- I’m grateful for the times when God has helped me experience peace when I really should be upset or in chaos
- I’m thankful that with God, I do not have an empty feeling inside; I do not feel alone
- I will never forget the moments when I felt powerless that I experienced God making me strong
- I will always remember the times when I was speechless and God gave me words to say
- I am thankful that God spoke to my parents and helped them find the way so that I could live a Christian life
- I am thankful that God speaks
- I am grateful that God answers us
- I am greateful to have this indescribable feeling that God knows who I am
- I am thankful to know undeniably that I have experienced God’s presence on Earth
- I will remember God for helping me tell the truth when it would be easier to lie, because God knew the long term consequences and the regret I would feel later
- I will always express to other people that it is the Lord who has kept me safe from evil people and it is God alone that I have trusted in with my whole life, because God has cared for me from the day I was born. I know this undeniably.
- I am thankful for the gift of music that God has given me. I want to always use it to encourage, inspire, and remind people of who they are, what they can be, and to bring happiness to the hearts of human beings.
- I am thankful for the friends God has brought into my life. They come from everywhere.
- No one else but God was able to help me sleep at night when I was going through hard things
- I will never forget the angels he sent when my car drove off the bridge
- I will always remember the comfort I could not explain feeling when I was sad and experiencing loss
- Thank you God, for your goodness, kindness, mercy, and love that will endure and remain beyond eternity